The first night, we got home, had dinner, I gave Finnian a bath and had him in bed by 10pm. He woke up crying a few times, just as we were going to bed (around midnight), then I eventually brought him into bed and he fell right asleep. I fed him around 4am, and then he slept straight until 9ish.
Conor wasn't feeling well when he picked us up from the airport, and I wasn't feeling good in the morning, so we waited until the evening to go to mass. We all had a good afternoon nap, and then went to mass at 6pm, had dinner, I gave Finnian another bath and had him in bed by 9pm. Conor and I stayed up a bit, and went to bed around 10:30. This wasn't the BEST night - he had been making lots of noises, but ended up not waking up until around 1:30. I tried rocking him, singing to him, nursing him - nothing would stop the crying. So eventually he and I came downstairs and played for almost 2 hours. I was kind of awake as well, so I wasn't that upset about having to get up, but he was kind of grumpy and fussy, so it wasn't the funnest! He started looking tired so I brought him up, tried rocking him, singing and feeding him again... still crying inconsolably. Finally Conor took a shift, and eventually went downstairs with him again. I think they were down there for about an hour, when he was looking more tired, Conor read and read to him and he eventually fell asleep. After that I think I fed him around 8ish, and then we all woke up just before 10am.
We had a late nap today, so he'll probably go to bed a bit later again today, but hopefully he'll sleep well, we'll try to wake up earlier (8ish?) and then get back to our regular nap and sleep times.
Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment