Thursday, January 21, 2010

Where'd my baby go?

Well I know I said that Finn was starting to get back to his old self again, but I was wrong! I don't know if it's teething, or something else, but he's just so unhappy most of the time. I'll try to play with him and he's just up and down, one second he's having so much fun and the next second he flings himself forward in a fit. It's not fun!

We've had a few distractions though, which is nice. Yesterday a friend came over with her 18ish month son. Finn (mostly) behaved himself. Today we went into Civitavecchia with another friend and her two kids. She showed me where a few good kids stores are there, and we went to the park. I'm so sad I forgot to bring my camera, but I'm sure we'll go again (it's only a 10 min train ride away) and Finn seemed to enjoy himself.

Again, once he starts walking these things will become a lot funner. I think that might be partly why he's so cranky lately. He's ready for something new, developmentally, but I don't really see him being that ready to walk yet. We've been trying to get him to walk just holding onto ONE hand instead of both, and he's getting better at that... but you can't really rush this. He'll walk when he's ready.
Finn really liked these toys.

Well here's hoping for a better day tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he's just missing his grandparents and that's why he's fussy! I'm miserable too and it's because I'm missing him!

Corinne Andersen Art said...

I seem to remember Graye going through that too. It was also right before he started walking. I remember not wanting to take him anywhere and getting very frustrated not knowing what to do with him. It did pass though!! I hope it gets better for you quickly! Sorry I don't have any advice on making it better - just know that I feel you pain!